01 02 03 Law Library: Thursday's Tome 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Thursday's Tome

34
Make sure it's Bluebooked properly!  This phrase tends to strike fear into the hearts of every law student in the United States - or at least the ones that I know.  I will admit that I was a little apprehensive when I first was faced with the task of ensuring that my open memo for RWA was not only written well but that all of my citations were properly Bluebooked.  The Bluebook can be quite intimidating, but if you give it time, you'll find it easier to use.  Of course, not everyone will be as Bluebook crazy as I am . . . but that's ok.  Eventually with use you'll remember specific sections by heart - ch. 10 is case law and ch. 11 covers constitutions and statutes.

Here are a few recommendations I have for using the Bluebook to your advantage:

That's all I've got for now.  What are your favorite Bluebook tips or sections?  Comment on this post!

Labels: , , , ,

35 36 37 38